At Central South Consortium (CSC) we aim to ensure that every NQT has the necessary support during their induction period.
Welsh Government has recently developed a Frequently Asked Questions document to help our NQTs with common queries. Take a look here.
Bridging from QTS into Induction:
The ITE team works closely with the Induction team at CSC to enable individuals to achieve a successful transition from ITE into work. This includes offering bridging support via Microsoft Teams.
Check out our ‘Induction on a page’ resource to give you an overview of your journey ahead.
Also, take a look at ‘Overview of NQT Induction options'.
- All NQTs employed in schools in Wales should be registered with EWC and understand the Induction process.
- All schools need to send an Induction Notification Form for all NQTs employed at their school within 10 days of the NQT starting employment.
- Any NQTs on a short term or daily supply basis are required to send a short term supply notification form to EWC.
- All NQTs and their mentors are required to attend a briefing session with regard to the statutory induction process. This session should be attended annually. Dates for briefings for NQTs and IMs.
- It is recommended that all schools have a trained Induction Mentor as NQTs have entitlement to support if they are on supply or longer term contracts.
Support for NQTs:
Please read the Statutory Induction Guidance:
Induction for newly qualified teachers in Wales - Hwb
Professional Learning (PL):
NQTs are entitled to 10% non-contact time on top of PPA to engage in our professional learning opportunities.
- National 3 day programme (Sept-Dec)
- CSC regional 5 day Aspire/Anelu programme (January-May) - booking form to be completed by 10th November 2023.
- CSC bespoke NQT events throughout the year
Support and Guidance for Induction Mentors and External Verifiers:
All professional learning for IMs and EVs is advertised via the school bulletin.Check out the Knowledge Bank for other useful documents such as FAQs, EV bulletins, lesson observation forms, example reviews and PLEs.
EVs – please join the National and Regional Teams for resources and network meetings.
IMs – please join the National and Regional Teams for resources and network meetings.
For further support and guidance please contact:
Project Support Officer: Matthew Robbins
Appropriate Body: Emma Willmott
Associate Advisers for Early Career: Rebecca Roach and Lucy Donovan
Sign up for the CSC School Bulletin and follow us on Twitter @CSC_NQT