Blended and Remote/Distance Learning
All schools are working in challenging and changing times as a result of COVID-19.
Schools need to plan for the continuity of learning for all learners, whatever their circumstance and whether in school or at home.
There is no one size fits all strategy and there are a wide range of considerations for schools in planning for the continuity of learning for all learners. Approaches must be suitable to the context of the school and have due regard for the Welsh Government expectations and priorities.
Central South Consortium is able to provide ongoing support and advice for schools across the region on blended and remote/distance learning. CSC information and guidance can be found at the links below:
- Guidance for schools in remote learning
- Guidance on continuity of learning during COVID-19
- Roadmap to blended learning
- Blended learning guidance
- Developing integrated approaches to blended learning
- A resource to support distance learning
- Distance learning considerations
- Models of blended learning
- Continuity of Learning Guidance for Learners with Additional Learning Needs - Developed by Cardiff Inclusion Services in collaboration with Cardiff school ALNCOs
- Research Bites - online motivation
Now live - CSC remote and blended learning webinars, 'by schools, for schools'. In this series of webinars, schools across the region will share their experiences on aspects of remote and blended learning. There will also be an opportunity for questions and answers. Book now to attend the live webinars - further webinars will be released throughout the term. N.B. All webinars will be recorded and released for later viewing.Find out more here.
Welsh Government information and guidance can be found at the links below:
- Welsh Government coronavirus firebreak guidance
- Guidance on learning in schools and settings from the autumn term
- Operational guidance for schools and settings from the autumn term
- Guidance for supporting vulnerable and disadvantaged learners
- Blended learning support for school leaders, practitioners, parents and carers
- Live streaming guidance
CSC officers are available to support school leaders and practitioners in planning and implementing blended and remote/distance learning. This can be discussed with your Improvement Partner in the first instance as they can facilitate the brokering of the requested support from the specific CSC officers. Alternatively you can directly contact as below:
Blended and remote/distance learning support:
- Matthew Humphreys: Matthew.J.Humphreys@cscjes.org.uk