Following analysis of evidence, requirements within the National Mission and consultation with stakeholders including headteachers and local authority officers, we have identified five improvement priorities. The consortium remains committed to its original mission of providing a school improvement service to local authorities. It is also committed to supporting schools to take greater ownership for their own improvement through the continued development of a self-improving system. The consortium also has a specific role to play in the delivery of the National Transformation agenda, which means that some of thepriorities will be set by Welsh Government.
The overarching priorities for CSC for 2021/22 were agreed with the Joint Committee on 16th December 2020:
- Develop a high-quality education profession
- Develop inspirational leaders to facilitate working collaboratively to raise standards
- Develop strong and inclusive schools committed to wellbeing, equity and excellence
- Develop robust assessment, evaluation and accountability arrangements supporting self-improving systems
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Central South Consortium
Operational plans underpin each improvement objective.